We take your child's privacy seriously, and we have implemented numerous physical and technological safeguards to protect all parent and student data. If you suspect the privacy has been violated, please contact us immediately at StudentInfo@craneschools.org.
PARENTVUE USE AGREEMENT
A. Rights and Responsibilities Access to the ParentVUE is a free service offered to all middle school parents/guardians of Crane School District students. Access to student information through the ParentVUE is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian will be authorized to activate a ParentVUE account only after a family has enrolled their student in one of our middle schools. Once a student withdraws or graduates, access to that student's education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and their student must practice proper and ethical use of the ParentVUE and all other Internet sites and databases relating to Crane School District. The parent/guardian will need a properly configured computer with Internet service to use the ParentVUE. The ParentVUE is designed to be user friendly. However, the District cannot promise optimal access for all users and, due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting service if there are difficulties connecting to or using the ParentVUE. B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The District will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. The parent/guardian should check their student's personal and contact information periodically to confirm that everything remains accurate. If changes are needed, please notify the registrar of the school that the student attends. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student's teacher. C. Use of the Parent Experience Parents/guardians and their student are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Parents/guardians must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2. Parents/guardians must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or District.
3. Parents/guardians must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
4. Parents/guardians must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
5. Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the Parent Experience should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Parents/guardians must not share their password with anyone, including their student.
7. Parents/guardians must not set their computer to automatically login to the ParentVUE site.
8. Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
9. Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate ParentVUE account. A non-custodial parent may activate a separate ParentVUE account. However, a non-custodial parent will not be permitted electronic access to contact information (telephone, address) of the sole custody parent and emergency contacts for the student.
D. Limitation of School District Liability Crane School District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of ParentVUE, the District's computer system, or the Internet. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that compromise their student's information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the ParentVUE for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the ParentVUE to access their student's educational records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Crane School District employees. ParentVUE account activity is electronically recorded.